Over 145 Years of Catholic School Education
St. Louis School - Established 1875
The members of St. Louis Parish in Custar, Ohio saw their hopes become reality when they opened the doors of St. Louis school in 1875. Beginning in a small, wooden school, students stoked the coal stove for heat before the school day began with Mass. Although the current school building was constructed in 1913, the students no longer need to stoke the coal stove. The outhouses are long gone. Blackboards are replaced with SMART boards and computers replaced typewriters.
Through the intercessory prayers of parishioners, families, and friends of the St. Louis Catholic community, families continue to have the opportunity to academically, culturally, and spiritually become the best version of themselves.